By DAVID MOOREAssociated PressWASHINGTON — A parasitic insect called a “insect faggot” that foggies your mind may have just been found to cause brain damage.
The findings may shed light on the brain’s effects of toxins and the impact of pollution, said Dr. Paul P. Schulte, a neurologist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Scientists found the worm, called Anastomogium paulae, in a brain sample taken from an elderly woman who died of a brain tumor last year.
Scientists have known that fogger flies are parasites that attack the brain of humans.
The parasite can cause inflammation and damage.
It also causes neurological damage, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The symptoms can be frightening, but the research shows that the parasite has been effective at causing brain damage in people who had it, Schultes said.
Researchers found that the brain in the elderly woman had swelling in the hippocampus, a part of the brain that plays a role in memory.
The researchers also found elevated levels of an enzyme called catalase in the brain, which is important in the development of brain cells.
Scientists are working to understand how fogger fly parasites affect the brain and the way they can cause problems.
They also want to understand if they cause changes in the way the brain develops and function.
The researchers found the parasite causes inflammation in the brains of people who live in polluted areas.
A parasite can be harmful to the brain if it’s not properly treated, said Richard C. Anderson, an entomologist at the National Institutes of Health.
The virus is one of many parasites that are believed to cause a variety of neurological diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and schizophrenia.
We know that the virus can cause damage in the neurons of the immune system, said Anderson.
It can also cause changes to the cells in the central nervous system.
Scientists know that when fogger mosquitoes bite humans, they attack their brains.
When people eat the worms, they pass the virus to their blood and can pass it on to others, said P.J. Tretter, a scientist at the U.S. Geological Survey.